Health and Safety
ARK is committed to ensuring that the Health and Safety of our tenants, supported people, and employees, is paramount in everything that we do.
- We have our own Health and Safety Adviser, who is a member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, and whose sole responsibility within ARK is to advise on matters of Health and Safety Management.
- Our Health and Safety Adviser has devised and implemented a comprehensive Health and Safety Manual, which all staff follow.
- Managers complete regular Health and Safety checklists to monitor their own teams’ compliance and completion of these checklists is regularly audited.
- Employees are kept up to date on matters of Health and Safety through regular Health and Safety Newsletters.
- We have also recently implemented a regular audit of our Health and Safety Management system by independent external Health and Safety professionals. The findings of those audits are reported to our Audit Sub-Committee, which ensures on behalf of the Board that any action points are implemented timeously.
- Our commitment to ensuring that Health and Safety standards are met is reflected in the Health and Safety training that we deliver to our employees.
- Our Learning and Development Team, working alongside our Health and Safety Adviser, are responsible for devising and delivering Health and Safety training courses throughout the organisation, to ensure that all staff have access to health and safety training which is tailored to meet their needs and the needs of our supported people and tenants.