Kelso Short Breaks Co-Ordinator
Kelso Short Breaks Co-ordinator
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: Earn £19,549.93 per annum
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and proactive Short Breaks Co-ordinator to co-ordinate all short breaks for those who use the service. The Short Breaks Co-ordinator will liaise with internal and external stakeholders involved in the care and support of the supported person to ensure the short break is planned, outcomes for the supported person are identified and implemented into the Short Breaks documentation and that each short break is evaluated to ensure continuous improvement.
Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
· Support and co-ordinate the completion of risk and vulnerability assessments for supported people.
· Meet with supported people’s family prior to short break to plan and agree outcomes for each short break.
· Collaborate with the Operations Manager to implement, review and research processes to ensure continuous improvement for supported person outcomes.
· Work collaboratively with employees and management in all aspects of the short breaks service.
· Advice, coach and guide employees, families and supported person through short breaks service issues to identify and resolve the problem.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- Total pension contribution of 8%. Ark contribute 4% and the employee contribute 4%
- Employee recognition schemes
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- We pay for you to join the PVG scheme
- Discounts in a wide range of well known retailers and travel providers
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff
To apply, click the link below.
The job outline is here: Job Outline
CV’s will not be accepted.
Working towards equal opportunities and a diverse workforce
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694
Job Reference: KL01/SB-CO-ORD
Closing Date: 8th December 2023