Tenancy Support

The main objective of our tenancy support service is to provide a high quality housing support service which ensures that, if you encounter any tenancy related problems, we can support you to overcome these and continue to be a tenant with Ark.

        How can we help you?

  • Assisting you to settle into your new home 
  • Assistance with your rent account
  • Signpost you to external agencies to get financial advice
  • Advising and assisting you to be a good neighbour or dealing with problems with your neighbour
  • Tenant participation activities

Tenant Handbook

Our Tenant Handbook has been produced to cover all the important information you need to know throughout your tenancy.

The handbook sets out our commitments to you and your responsibilities as a tenant.

We hope you find it a useful guide to ensuring your new home meets your expectations and that you can easily access information about our services.

Tenant Handbook

Housing Services Team

All Ark tenants have a dedicated member of the team who oversees each tenancy and provides support as needed. To contact the housing team you can call 0131 478 8146 or email housing@arkha.org.uk and we can forward your call to the relevant member of the team.

Housing Office Opening Hours

Monday to Thursday: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm

Friday: 9.00 am to 4.30 pm

Antisocial Behaviour

Ark is committed to helping tenants to enjoy living in their homes and communities and our main aim is to inform tenants about their tenancy obligations in the first instance and minimise the impact neighbour disputes or anti-social behaviour may have. As part of the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreements tenants must not act in an anti-social manner. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and Ark will take steps against any tenant who regularly engages in anti-social behaviour. These steps may include mediation or legal proceedings which could result in the loss of their tenancy.

Estate Management

Ark will undertake its role and responsibilities as a landlord to ensure that the environments adjacent to, or around the homes in which our tenants live, are managed and maintained to a high standard and are therefore attractive and safe places for tenants to live.

Performance Reports

Ark produce a range of information on our performance for both internal and external use.

Tenancy Visits

The Housing Services Team carry out a number of visits to tenants in Ark properties.

Useful Forms

Change of Tenancy Request Form

You may have had a change in your personal relationship after initially signing a tenancy agreement with Ark.

If you  have got married or entered into a relationship, and been a tenant with Ark for 12 months, as a tenant can apply to Ark for a change from a sole tenancy to a joint tenancy.

If they have got separated or divorced, they may want a name taken of the tenancy. In such case both/all the tenants must agree to the joint tenancy ending.

You may also decide that you want to assign your house (pass on your tenancy rights) to some else or sublet your property. 

To request any of the above changes you will need to complete the change of tenancy request form and await a decision from the Housing Services Team.


Update Household Details

It is really important that you keep Ark updated if there are any changes about who is living in your home. 

This is especially important if you are looking to request a change of tenancy as Ark need to have any people that you want to add, assign and succeed your tenancy registered as living in your property for at least 12 months.

To let us know about any changes to your household please complete this form. 

Permission For Pet Form

It is important that before you get a pet that you request permission as not all tenancy agreements allow you to have certain pets and there are also limits to the number or breeds of animals that you are allowed.

Please remember that if you do not have permission for the pet you may be in breach of your tenancy agreement with Ark as your landlord.

To request permission for a pet you can complete this form.

Furniture Request Form

If you are one of Ark's tenants that has a furniture package you can arrange a repair or replacement item by completing a furniture request form and sending it to furniture@arkha.org.uk. 

Please note this service is only available for tenants with existing furniture packages. 

If you are having difficulty sourcing furniture or white goods and do not currently have a furniture package you can contact your housing officer who will be able to assist you with making an application to the Scottish Welfare Fund. 

Ending your tenancy with Ark

As per the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement as an Ark tenant you are required to provide us with 28 days notice if you want to end your tenancy. We require a tenancy termination form to be completed and returned to us and the notice period will start from the day we receive the completed termination form. A copy of this form is available here. 

To provide tenants with information with details on what you will need to do when you are leaving an Ark property we have an information leaflet to help.

In the unfortunate event of the death of an Ark tenant we have a guide for next of kin or executors to help them end the tenancy of their loved one which we hope will help.