Our primary aim is to support people to exercise choice and control to enable them to have a good life through the provision of person-centred care.
We create 'Good Life Plans' with everyone that we support to ensure we help people achieve outcomes that are important to them in the following areas:
- Feeling safe and secure
- Keeping well and staying healthy
- Doing as much as possible for themselves
- Having interesting things to do
- Being connected with family and friends
- Feeling good about life
Our service model is underpinned by our organisational values and includes:
- Robust policies, tools and processes
- Motivated and trained employees
- Enthusiastic management
- Partnership working with a range of organisations to help individuals achieve outcomes
Positive Behaviour Support is a person-centred framework for supporting people with Learning Disabilities.
Ark uses Positive Behaviour Support because we are committed to upholding peoples’ rights and removing unnecessary restrictions; this is particularly important when people have complex support needs and whose behaviour may be described as challenging. We believe that quality support enables an enhanced quality of life and reduces the likelihood of Behaviours of Concern occurring.
Ark has adopted the Capable Environments model for quality support outcomes when measuring our success in supporting people to have an enhanced quality of life.
To find out more about Positive Behaviour Support click this link