Edinburgh Relief Support Worker
Ark operate 6 services in Edinburgh. We are currently recruiting Relief Support Workers at services throughout Edinburgh.
If you are enthusiastic about supporting people to live their best lives then apply now to join our team!
Your main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable people.
- Communicate and work well with our supported people to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
What is a Relief Support Worker?
As a Relief Support Worker you will carry out all the same duties while on shift as our Support Workers. As you do not have contracted hours it gives you the flexibility to only pick up shifts when it suits you.
**Please note: Relief work is on an as and when basis to cover for sickness absence, study leave and other staff contingencies. We cannot guarantee you regular or continued use as the need for relief staffing changes from time to time.
The job outline is here: Job Outline
Find out what you working week could look like here.
Hear from our current Support Workers here.
- In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
Statutory annual leave paid monthly based on the hours you work
- Fully funded PVG & 1st year SSSC registration paid by Ark
Our employees told us in a recent survey that they stay with Ark because they believe in our values, we have supportive managers who continually appreciate their staff and they love making a positive difference in our supported peoples lives, helping them to achieve their dreams.
Ark would love to hear from you whether you are an experienced Support Worker or new to Social Care.
To apply click the link below.
Scottish Charity No. SCO15694
Previous experience of the following is an advantage but not essential as Ark will provide full training: Care Worker, Social worker, Home Carer, Case Worker, Care Assistant, Autism Support Worker, Personal Care Assistant, Social Care Worker.