Grangemouth Support Worker
Part Time Support Worker 16 hours
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Grangemouth Outreach Service supports 11 people. We support people in their individual homes. All the houses are within walking distance to each other which means there is a real community feel amongst both the Supported People and the Support Workers. Support needs within the service range from 24 hour a day support with those who require support with personal care to those who just need help with finances, shopping and social activities.
There is a bus stop approximately 2 minutes walking distance from each person house and buses are regular going to Falkirk where there is a train station. Car parking is also available on site.
Shifts at Grangemouth Outreach range from 4 hours to 16 hours and there are 4 sleepover shifts per day.
'The best thing about working at Grangemouth Outreach service is that is has a great community feel. The team are really welcoming and the supported people are great fun (and have an amazing sense of humour).'
Join Ark and your working week could look like this:
Monday - go swimming
Tuesday -make someone feel safe
Wednesday - go shopping and prepare food
Thursday - plan for the future
Friday - listen
We provide support to people with a wide variety of needs in their homes. You’d be required to support them to maintain their tenancies, stay safe and well, attend activities and be part of their local community. You could be supporting a variety of people over a flexible shift pattern.
If you are enthusiastic about supporting people to live their best lives then join our team.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
- Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
- Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
- Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
- Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
- 4% Contributory pension scheme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Sodexo Employee Benefits
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff
View our job outline here
Working towards equal opportunities and a diverse workforce.
Job ID: GM03/SW